Sunday 10 May 2015

Ottawa Tulip Festival








The Ottawa Tulip Festival has officially started and the people are out in droves to take in the colourful flowers. There are many different spots around the city where you can see the tulips, mainly; Parliament Hill, Dow's Lake, and near the National Art Gallery where the above picture was taken. The Festival lasts for two weeks and is the highlight of spring in Ottawa. 

At this moment when I went out to view the tulips I found there were some that still hadn't bloomed downtown. Don't get me wrong, it's still worth a walk around to see the colours and to just people watch too. I would suggest though, actually making the trip to Dow's Lake, where there will be a whole lot more to see. 

If you want more then just looking at flowers, they also have fireworks at night downtown. I can usually hear them going off, but can't quite see them from my balcony. 




Now if this festival doesn't live up to your standards, than I suggest you get on a plane and head to the Netherlands, where it originated. A tulip festival there might be slightly more impressive, I'm just saying.















No comments:

Post a Comment