Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Neon Socks

Since I'm in Australia and all my friends are back home in Canada I decided to try something out to make us feel a bit more connected and know we were thinking of each other.
I had baught 2 packs of bright neon socks that I was going to take with me. As they were laying on the bed I got an idea, now this may sound a little lame, but I thought it would be fun, and my friends agreed. I decided I would give my three very good friends each a pair of socks. We were all going our seperate ways soon and I thought it would be fun if we randomly picked days while we were away and each of us wore the socks on the same day and then we would write each other and say what we did while wearing the socks. It would be sort of like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Neon Socks, except the socks technically wouldn't be traveling, we would be, well at least a couple of us would be. I would be in Australia, my one friend would be in Toronto and my two other friends would be back home in Ottawa.

So our first official Neon Socks Day came. Yesterday we all pulled on our socks and went out into the world. Nothing really spectacular happened, I had a drink with a friend here in Sydney, two friends back home went to class, but at least one friend did something remotely interesting. Our friend in Toronto played her first game of volleyball in the socks.
I am hoping that the next day we do this we will have way more interesting stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment