Friday 24 August 2012

Blue Mountains

The Blue Mountains, lets just say they were amazing. It was a tour I signed up for at the hostel, they picked us up and dropped us off 10 hours later. We saw quite a bit in that time, and did a hell of a lot of walking. It took about an hour and a half to get to Leura, a small town in the blue mountains. From there we traveled to the south side and did an hour hike around the rainforest there, it was gorgeous, mostly eucalyptus trees, but there were a few others, and some beautiful water falls. But I swear we must of hiked up a good 200 stone and wood steps along the way.

Our tour guide, who seemed like he smoked a lot of pot, at least when we first met him, was actually quite good. He didn’t give information about everything, but he was funny and seemed to know what he was doing and where he was going, he was also the driver. All in all I liked him and he knew of some amazing spots to see the most spectacular views.

Once we were done on the south side we had lunch on this amazing rock lookout called, Anvil Rock, you could see everything from there. Afterwards we trekked over to the north side and did another hour long walk through the brush along side a small waterfall. There were also more stairs, lets just say the whole day was quite the workout. We then headed over to see the three sisters, which are quite famous it would seem, tons of tourists flock there to see them. They were great to see, but not my favourite part of the day. And of course half way through this tour my camera battery decided to die and I didn’t get any pictures of the second half of the tour.

All in all a great tour, very glad I did it, definitely worth the money.

P.S. I got my luggage back finally!

1 comment:

  1. PICHERS! I guess you're not doing a work exchange this time? How long are you gone for?

    ReplyDelete