Thursday 2 August 2012

The multiple country hop plan

I have decided to go to a couple other countries once I am done experiencing Australia. And by a couple I mean about 10 or so, I just couldn't choose. Right afterwards I'm hoping to hop down to New Zealand for a bit. But after that I'll be headed to Asia for 3 months, or until the funds deplete! So far on my list: Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Loas, China (a few places, there is so much to see), Seoul - Korea and lastly Japan. Now I know this is a big undertaking, but I think I can do it.

Now of course you need shots when your headed to Asia, especially certain parts, and to get them I had to go to a travel clinic. Lets just say when I sat down with the nurse and she looked at all the places I was planning to go, she was not too happy. Apparently I'm the kind of person they hate because they have to go over every place with you and print out the information and map for each country (mine was 38 pages long). Also as a side note make sure your shots are up to date or else you have to get those as well, and they are not cheap!

In total I ended up getting 4 shots, only because she was able to double up 2 vaccinations into one needle, twice (it would have ended up being 6 shots if not). Now they are not really painful, but your arms tend to be rendered useless for at least a day, depending on the person.

You would think after all those I would be done, but no, alas I still need 2 more shots once I'm in Australia, at 200 dollars each as well. Lets just say I died a little bit on the inside when I heard about that, and so did my bank account. Who's bright idea was it to go to Asia again? Oh right, mine!

Oh and don't forget to get the shots at least a month or more before you go, sometimes you have to go back for another round!

But hey, at least I'm completely covered for whatever comes my way, at least pertaining to deadly diseases!

Thanks for reading my rant on vaccinations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment