Friday 17 August 2012

The long haul

I have finally arrived in Sydney, well actually I arrived yesterday morning and it was quite the journey. I started off in Ottawa and went to Toronto, and then the easy part was over. I ran all over terminal 1 trying to find my checked bag which I was suppose to get and then check again before I caught my flight to LA. But it seemed no one could tell me the proper place to recieve it. So I finally was told I had to go to terminal 3 and grab it from there and go through security there. So I went, and wouldn't you know it, no bag! I had the guy at the baggage desk radioing and looking for it, but to no avail, and to top it off my flight was about to leave in 40 minutes and I still hadn't gone through security or customs. So I decided to leave it and go, so I could at least make it to Sydney, bag or no.

After arriving in LA I boarded my Qantas flight to Australia, after waiting the hour delay, which isn't too bad actually. Twelve and a half hours later I am flying into Sydney airport and actually feeling not too upset about my bag, surprisingly. A shuttle bus, which was free thanks to the Hostel I booked with, The Jolly Swagman, and may I take a moment to say they have been great. The front desk woman is pleasent and extremely helpfull, I definately recomend this hostel. I should say I have only been here for one night, so we'll see by the end if I'm still raving about it, but I don't see why I wouldn't be. Anyway the shuttle bus dropped me and a few others off at our respective hostels and here I am.

After a days worth of trying to call the Toronto airport and not getting anywhere, between the 1-800 number not working for some odd reason and the other extensions busy or no one answering, I think I might just give up on my bag. Besides they'll probably send it to the address I have on the handle, I'm sure I'll see it again, probably....

I must say though, for all that has happened, I'm actually enjoying myself, and am almost completely content.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Sounds awesome/frustrating hahaha but at least you're still happy with everything. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete