Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Job Hunt

Being in Sydney for a month now, with still no job, I am starting to get a little worried, I must say. I should confess that I thought it would be a lot easier to get a job. I've been, not so slowly, draining my funds and if something does not pop up soon, well this trip will be over way before I thought it would.
I have talked to quite a few people in the hostel and they all seem to have come from other parts of Australia. A lot have worked in other cities and I am thinking if a job does not arise soon I will be heading off towards Perth. It may be that Sydney is not the city I am suppose to reside in for a long period of time; I do not believe this city suites me. I think everyone has places where they feel more comfortable or feel more settled then others. To quote one of my favourite books, maybe this city and I just have different words.
I have booked this hostel for 2 more weeks, and if no job comes my way before then I am leaving and heading to Perth. I thought the Margaret River region would be a nice place to visit and see if maybe I'll find a job somewhere out there. If anyone has any advice about that region I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment