Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas is coming, sort of

So a lot has happened since my last blog. I finally have a job, in a coffee shop near Wynyard station. Lets just say its not my ideal job, but its paying the bills, and thats basically all its doing. I've had lots of time, since I've been in Sydney now for over 3 months, to look around and find my barrings and let me say, I would very much like to be in another city already, not that I don't like Sydney, its an alright city, but its just that, a normal big city. Australia has so much to offer, staying in Syndey is a waste, I really need to get out and explore. But my money situation as it is, will not let me.
I have been making the best of Sydney though, it has some great places to eat, such as, the Burger Joint in Kings Cross. It is amazing, their food is really good, and its not overly expensive either. I reccommend it to anyone looking for a good eat in Sydney.
Another good place to eat is Burgerlicious, which is also in Kings Cross, quite the choice of burgers, with some different toppings, especially if your vegetarian, which I am, they have really good veggie burgers.
Kings Cross is actually a good area for food and pubs/clubs, it may have a bad rap, but its alright. I'm currently living in the Potts Point area, so not directly in the middle of Kings Cross technically, but still that area.
It also just hosted a festival for a week, there were tons of stalls with people selling different things, and one I happened to come by, which was a photography stall with some amazing photographs, its called Panos Photography.

Yesterday I went to the Queen Victoria Building to see it "snow". They have a huge Swarovski Crystal Christmas Tree in the middle of the building that goes up 2 floors. We went to the top floor to the tip of the tree and at 1:00pm they made it "snow" from the dome. It was basically suds being blown in through the grates and falling gently which made it look like snow, it was magical I have to say. I really enjoyed it, it just hasn't felt like christmas here, being so hot and sunny and all, so that really put me in the christmas spirit, at least for a little while, I even got my picture taken with Santa.
I must say, Sydney does have some interesting things going.

No comments:

Post a Comment